Thank you to all of the competitors, spectators, Legends and of course the officials … [Read More...]
The field for the inaugural Sports Racing Car Invitational is coming together nicely and the latest stunner confirmed for these high-speed demonstration sessions is Bruce Gowan’s newly restored Repco V8-powered Toyota Celica Sports Sedan. The car’s creator, John McCormack, will be on hand at Sydney Motorsport Park to chat about the unique beast; and the Jaguar XJS Sports Sedan of Mark Trenoweth, which will also hit the track.
The Sports Racing Car Invitational is a new on-track activity for 2016. It consists of a trio of 15-minute sessions – one Saturday and two Sunday – for glamour racing sportscars and historically significant Sports Sedans. The field will comprise muscular GT, Can-Am, Le Mans-style and Big Banger ‘sporties’.
We are hopeful frontrunners from the Kerrick Sports Sedan Series will also take part.
Heritage Hots Laps is being rested for 2016.
Here’s the SRCA line-up confirmed so far:
- Wall Racing’s HDT-built F5000-powered Torana Sports Sedan
- Wall Racing’s Supra Sports Sedan (formerly Bob Jane Monza)
- Bruce Gowan’s McCormack-built Toyota Celica Sports Sedan
- Mark Trenoweth’s ex-McCormack Jaguar XJS Sports Sedan
- Steve Webb’s Elfin 360 Repco V8-powered sportscar
- Andrew Kluver’s Budweiser Can-Am Lola (ex-Newman Racing)
- Andrew Kluver’s ex-Bruce Leer Milano GT2 sportscar
- Nigel Tait’s Matich SR4 Big Banger sportscar (1969 ASSC winner)
More sexy beasts (that’s cars, not drivers) to be confirmed. Organisers are still taking expressions of interest from owners of suitable vehicles with competition history – contact firstname.lastname@example.org